- We had a great day at Solid Rock today! The weather was beautiful, and the service was powerful.
- Today, we started a new sermon series based on Max Lucado's latest book, FEARLESS. It's going to be a great series!
- We're having a five-week Wednesday night Bible study starting this week as a part of the the FEARLESS series. Every Wednesday, we'll follow up on the previous Sunday's sermons in a little more detail. Combined with some fellowship time, Wednesdays are going to be great during the FEARLESS series.
- I've really loved reading all the reports on Twitter and Facebook about the great Easter services at churches all over the country. To God be the glory!
- By the way, we're celebrating the Resurrection again next Sunday!
- Have a great week, Rockies! See you Wednesday at the FEARLESS Bible Study.
November 13, 1989. 11:30 AM I had just finished my lunch in the teacher's workroom and was walking back to my classroom. I was teaching at San Jacinto Elementary in San Angelo, Texas at the time. Up until then, it had been a typical November day. As I walked past the school office, the door swung open, and a fellow teacher stepped out with a look of concern on her face. She spoke directly to me and said, “Your wife’s on the phone, and it sounds serious.” I ran into the office, took the phone, and heard my wife say, “I don’t know what happened, but your brother is on life support in a hospital in Austin.” Twelve hours later, my father and I were sharing a room in a hotel on I-35 in Austin. My sister-in-law, Sandy, and her six-year-old daughter, Araceli, were in a room across the hall. I hardly slept that night. I would doze off and suddenly wake up to my father crying and calling out my brother’s name. My brother was dead. Osiel had collapsed that morning while his high s