Without a doubt, Easter is my favorite celebration! I love to preach about the cross and the resurrection. And I love to sing songs about the cross and the resurrection. I love to celebrate the fact that because Jesus conquered death, it validated everything He taught and did. And because he conquered death, my future is always bright!
Another reason I love Easter is because it gives us as a church a HUGE opportunity to reach out the unchurched. Many people who don't attend church regularly are open to an invitation to go to church on Easter because...well, because it's Easter, and they have a sense that it's a day to go to church even if they don't know exactly why.
I believe we are being negligent if we don't take advantage of this opportunity to invite people to church on Easter!
Who are you inviting to Solid Rock Church for Easter?
Friday, March 19, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Sunday Night Reflections
- We had great services today! Loved seeing people seeking God this morning during our post-sermon prayer time. And tonight's service was just an exciting time of praise! I hadn't danced that way in a long time!
- I know I've said this before, but we have some outstanding musicians at Solid Rock! The bad news is that we're losing our drummer. Time to start praying for God to send another one!
- I'm really getting excited about Easter! I love celebrating the Resurrection, and I love having the opportunity to reach people who don't normally go to church.
- I'm listening to Petra as I write this. Great music!
- Praying for all the Rockies to have a great week! Press on!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)