Monday, December 31, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
- The Mouse's Tale was outstanding! If you missed the Christmas Eve Service, you missed a great performance by our children and teenagers. Several people told me it was the best pageant we've ever had. It made for a great Christmas Eve Service.
- I'm really enjoying some much-needed days of rest. We spent a couple of restful days visiting my in-laws, and even though we're back home, we're still in a pretty laid-back mood. We've got lots of cleaning up and and other projects to get to, but hey, all in due time!
- I'm looking forward to 2008. I'm spending some time reflecting and seeking God's direction for Solid Rock Church in 2008. All I can say is that I'm pretty pumped about next year. Let's get ready for a ride!
Monday, December 24, 2007
The children and young people are presenting The Mouse's Tale, the story of Jesus' birth from the viewpoint of the animals in the stable. It's going to be so much fun!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Bethany wrote a beautiful tribute to her uncle. You can read it here.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
- Bethany graduated from ASU this past Saturday...hallelujah! I must say that I'm very proud of her for finishing strong. She did very well in student teaching and now she has her first job. God is good!
- Yesterday was Ryan's 13th birthday. It sounds trite to say, but it really is hard to believe he's a teenager. He sure has brought a lot of joy into our lives. I love you, Ryan!
- We had our annual Christmas banquet last night. It was great to be able to eat with our church family and to hear and sing Christmas music, and just enjoy the season. I'm so blessed to pastor Solid Rock Church...you guys are great!
- Our heater broke down at church yesterday morning right before Sunday School. Why do these things always seem to happen at the worst possible moment?
- I am so physically tired from all the Christmas and family activities, I think I could sleep for the next three days straight!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
The Mouse's Tale is the Christmas story, narrated by Granny Mouse, and told by the animals in the stable Christmas night. In this story, we will meet:
*the donkey who carried Mary to Bethlehem,
*the cow who gave up his manger for the baby Jesus' bed,
*the sheep who saw the angels on the hilltop, and
*the camels who were guided by a bright star in the East
...as they witnessed the miracle of Jesus' birth.
Our Christmas Eve Service will begin at 7:00 PM.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Today was the culmination of The Hour That Changes the World, a year-end effort to pray for various countries around the world, and to bring an offering for Speed the Light, the Assemblies of God youth missions-giving program. For today, we were asked to bring an offering equal to one hour's wages. The year-to-date Speed the Light giving stood at $975.00 before today. Our goal was to reach $1500 with today's offering.
I'm very excited to be able to say that today's offering totaled more that $880. We easily surpassed our $1500 goal.
Thank you, Solid Rock Church! You truly are an amazing church!