- We started a new sermon series today called The Vow. Looking forward to learning Biblical principles to strengthen marriages.
- We tried out YouVersion's live feature this morning. It allows listeners to interact during the sermon and to follow the message on their web-enabled phones. Pretty cool!
- I decided that John Lindell, lead pastor of James River Assembly, is just good! His teaching on the Lord's Prayer (via video) was outstanding.
- Tomorrow is week 2 of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We had a great start last week. Now it's on to lesson 2-Relating to Money.
- Have a great week! Don't forget InterMission this Wednesday.
November 13, 1989. 11:30 AM I had just finished my lunch in the teacher's workroom and was walking back to my classroom. I was teaching at San Jacinto Elementary in San Angelo, Texas at the time. Up until then, it had been a typical November day. As I walked past the school office, the door swung open, and a fellow teacher stepped out with a look of concern on her face. She spoke directly to me and said, “Your wife’s on the phone, and it sounds serious.” I ran into the office, took the phone, and heard my wife say, “I don’t know what happened, but your brother is on life support in a hospital in Austin.” Twelve hours later, my father and I were sharing a room in a hotel on I-35 in Austin. My sister-in-law, Sandy, and her six-year-old daughter, Araceli, were in a room across the hall. I hardly slept that night. I would doze off and suddenly wake up to my father crying and calling out my brother’s name. My brother was dead. Osiel had collapsed that morning while his high s