- Yes, I know it isn't Sunday anymore, but I couldn't get to the computer last night. Both boys had to use it for their homework, so I was left to ponder things in my mind rather than on the blog.
- Last night, I shared the sad news of Ray Boltz coming out earlier this month. This has really bothered me, but it has also reminded me of the urgency of helping people find God. This is serious. This is not a dress rehearsal; it's real life with real needs, real hurts, and a very real answer--Jesus Christ. Let's stay focused on our mission as a church.
- We concluded the series on Parenthood yesterday, but I know there is still much more to learn about parenting from the Bible. Don't be surprised if we come back to this topic next year.
- Last night, I spoke about my dream for Solid Rock. It's not a new dream but I feel like God has just renewed it and expanded it within me. God is still able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine!
- Ten minutes. If you were at last night's service, you know what I'm talking about. Don't forget!
- Lillian is gone on a retreat for a few days. So Joey, Ryan, and I are home alone.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday Night ? Reflections
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I'm looking forward to hearing the last two sermons on the Parenthood series that I missed.
Pastor, please pray for my brother, Elias. He just left on a ship to Spain. Eventually, he will end up in the Middle East. He will be there for a year.
Oh, Mac was glad to hear you liked the brisket.
I'll keep Elias in prayer. And yes, the brisket was great. I gave in and gave some to the girls so they could also enjoy!
Post a Comment