- We were in Waxahachie this weekend for the GLAD Fine Arts Festival, and what a great weekend it was for Joey and Kathleen. They each received a Superior for their vocal solos, and Joey also got a Superior on his violin solo and drama solo. But the biggest award for them was the Merit Award in the Small Vocal Ensemble category. The Merit Award is given to the top entry in each category. With that rating, they qualified for the National Fine Arts Festival in Charlotte NC in August. Way to go, Joey and Kathleen!
- What is with this weather? It was downright chilly this morning. I'm not sure the temperature got out of the 50s today. And it's going back down into the 30s overnight? Is it really late April? Actually, I'm enjoying this cool weather. It'll get hot soon enough.
- Today was the end of the "3:16" series. I'll be preaching stand-alone sermons for most of May before we begin a new series in June. I like preaching in a series because it keeps all of us focused on a single important theme that we can cover it some detail. It also makes my preparation a little easier because I don't have to start a sermon from scratch every week. Still, preaching a stand-alone sermon has a lot of value and possibilities, too. I like doing that, too.
- Our Sunday evening series is going well. We're currently in a study of the book of James. We'll probably be in this series throughout the summer. God has really been ministering to us on Sunday evenings. It makes for a great start to our week.
- Have a great week, everyone!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Sunday Night Reflections
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment