In this book, Dr. Wood expands on the five core values he has identified for his administration:
- Passionately proclaim, at home and abroad, by word and deed Jesus as Savior, Baptizer in the Holy Spirit, Healer, and Soon Coming King.
- Strategically invest in the next generation
- Vigorously plant new churches
- Skillfully resource our Fellowship
- Fervently pray for God’s favor and help as we serve Him with pure hearts and noble purpose
In the chapter on prayer, Dr. Wood tells the story of a time he asked former General Superintendent E.S. Williams what he saw as the greatest concern in the Assemblies of God. Brother Williams quickly responded, "Socialization". In other words, we can so enjoy each other's company that we make church a club where we get together to socialize, and forget about our mission. I think that's a legitimate concern today, just as it was when Brother Williams said it.