Some key thoughts from this past Sunday's sermon:
- Stop spending money you don't have. Live within your means.
- Learn to say "no" for a little while so you can say "yes" for the rest of your life.
- Before going into debt, learn to ask "What will be the real cost of this debt in terms of stressed relationships and lost opportunities in the future?"
- Train your money. (budget)
- Pray before you pay. No impulse buying.
- Plan for emergencies. (The "Oh, no" fund)
- Eliminate overhead. Use the debt snowball.
- Build a reserve fund.
- With hard work, sacrifice, and discipline, you can get out of debt. Remember, God is on your side.